Working from 2019 to 2021 as their Global Community Growth.
At my arrival, OCUS had just signed a massive contract with one of the leaders in food delivery in Europe and another one in India. My role was to grow fast the number of photographers joining OCUS’s community in every country where our clients provided missions for. We later opened countries in the rest of Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the US. I was later joined by an Acquisition Specialist and local freelancers to support me on this fast-paced mission.
In terms of Product, OCUS was a marketplace matching our photographer’s skills with the photography missions provided by our large corporate clients from the food industries, retail, hospitality…
So we had Product squads focused on the customer dashboard and product squads focused on the photographer app. As part of the community team, we were in the front rows of photographer’s feedback complaints.
One of the main problems I had to solve was to open new markets very fast to match our customers’ contracts. But the product development couldn’t follow the same speed. I hired and led teams of translators to help me create an alternative acquisition user journey to overcome the lack of translation on the final product.
Since we were in direct contact with the photographers, we led the photographer’s interviews to provide the Product teams with the feedback and insights they need for their roadmap construction.
- How to conduct user’s interviews.
- How to design a Kanban system to optimize the country’s openings aligning all different teams (Ops, Sales, Community, CSM)
- Onsite two days training on Lean Management.
- How to lead a qualitative study to create a benchmark of photographer’s rates over the world.
- How to collaborate with the Data Analyst team to build dashboards with Looker. I also had the chance to follow all the Looker trainings the Data team attended.
There is no better colleague than Melanie. She is one of the most dedicated professionals I’ve worked with and is willing to put that extra help whenever you need it. Her expertise in acquisition through digital marketing is considerable, and it helped our team come up with more efficient solutions on different projects.— Deveeshvar Kuttan – Operations